Choosing the best type of rotary hammer from a reliable brand like DeWalt can be challenging. The right one will make or break the construction job that you’re doing. That is why choosing the right rotary hammer will help your job easier than usual.
Whether you’re just doing some home maintenance or construction, a lot of jobs related to these will require you to drill holes using a rotary hammer. One of the best brands on the market is DeWalt and they have been here for decades because of their products’ reliability and durability. But with the number of rotary hammer models that they have, it can be challenging to choose one that will help you do the work.
So I’ve rounded up the top three best DeWalt rotary hammer today to help you choose.
Table of Contents:
- What Is A Rotary Hammer?
- Where Can Rotary Hammer Drill Be Used
- Maintaining A Rotary Hammer
- DEWALT DCH273B Vs. DCH133B Vs. DCH293B
- Difference Between the rotary hammer drills from Bosch Above
What Is A Rotary Hammer?
A rotary hammer is a power tool which is used to drill holes in sturdy materials, including concretes. This type of drill is made to help people drill hole easily and as fast as this power tool can. It is an efficient power tool because it will not only help drill holes but will also use the pull and push motion to produce more impact, this creating holes easily and quickly.
Where Can Rotary Hammer Drill Be Used
Rotary hammer drills can be used for drilling holes in your wood. It can effortlessly bore the needed holes easily, no matter how tough the material is. You also don’t have to put in too much effort because this hammer drill will do all the work for you.
Also, you can use a rotary hammer drill when choring boils or placing pins. The problem when it comes to drilling hole without using a rotary hammer, the hole can be filled with debris, thus causing damage. With a rotary hammer, the hole is clean and will not damage the material itself.
Maintaining A Rotary Hammer
When it comes to power tools, one of the main things that you need to do for it to last long is to maintain it. Know how to manage your rotary hammer without the need to visit the manufacturer. This will save you ample of time and money in the long run.
- Avoid pressing the rotary hammer hard and allow it to do all the work.
- Check the material that you’re going to drill to help you know the kind of bit that you need to use.
- After using the bit, always make sure to wipe the debris and the dirt off. This will help the tool holder to start hamming or failing in the future.
- Grease the shank of the bit every time you are changing the bits. This will help avoid premature wear of the bit’s holder.
- When using grease, always make sure to choose something that is recommended by the manufacturer. Follow the viscosity guidelines and weight.
- If your rotary hammer drill has a LED light, then always follow the maintenance needed once it starts alerting you. This will help avoid damaging the LED ultimately.
DEWALT DCH273B Vs. DCH133B Vs. DCH293B
1. DeWalt DCH273B 20V Max Brushless SDS Rotary Hammer
DeWalt DCH273B Max Brushless rotary hammer has extended durability and runtime. The reason behind this is because of the brushless motor that it has. The factory clutch will lower the risk of sudden torque reactions when the bit gets jammed. Also, to ensure that you can hang the tool conveniently, DeWalt added a retractable hook.
One of the best things about DeWalt DCH273B Max Brushless rotary hammer is that it is known as a high powered drill. It has a mechanism that is engineered to deliver a total of 2.1 rules of energy impact. Using this drill overhead won’t become a problem because it has a SHOCKS AVC or the active vibration control. It is also lightweight, so you don’t have to worry about that as well.
The DeWalt DCH273B Max Brushless rotary hammer has a no-load speed of 0-100 RPM. It also has concrete drilling of 5/32 to an inch. You can use an SDS Plus chuck type. The battery and the charger are both sold separately.
- Has a good service plan and warranty
- Has different speed triggers
- Uses SHOCKS to help control the vibration and help avoid nerve damage
- Has the same power like the corded version
- Not ideal for large scale job but can definitely work when it comes to drilling
Q: What is the BPM and RPM of this drill?
A: DeWalt DCH273B has a 0-4,600 BPM and 0-1,100 RPM.
Q: Does the rotary hammer drill come with a plastic case?
A: Unfortunately, there are none. But you can always purchase one from DeWalt or from your favorite power tool stores.
2. DeWalt DCH133B 20V Max XR Brushless 1” D-Handle Rotary Hammer Drill
DeWalt DCH133B, Max XR rotary hammer drill, is brushless, which will provide you with both reliable and superior performance. It has a load speed of 1,500 RPM, which will provide you with different options while you’re using it. This rotary hammer has a total of 0,5,50 BPM, which will surely help you to finish your task.
One of the best things about DeWalt DCH133B Max XR rotary hammer drill is that it has a compact design. This means that you can work on areas that are tight compared to a typical rotary hammer drills today. You will love the special electronics in this drill, which you can hold to increase the speed no matter what the bit size is being used.
The durable construction that DeWalt DCH133B Max XR rotary hammer drill has will let you use this even in the most rugged environment. This rotary hammer has 2.6 joules of impact energy, which is perfect for various applications. With is a portable design, you will surely be able to bring it anywhere with you.
- Very portable and can easily be carried
- Works fast
- Has the ability to maintain the speed no matter what kind of bits you’re using
- Easy to use
- Can be used even in tight areas
- Carry case is not included
Q: Does the battery of this rotary hammer drill work well?
A: Yes, the battery lasted long so you can work on projects without any interruptions.
Q: Can I use this rotary hammer drill through boulders or rock?
A: Yes, you can use it on boulders or rock, so you don’t have to worry about it.
Q: Does this rotary hammer has a chipping set?
A: Yes, the rotary hammer has three mode hammer set.
3. DeWalt DCH293B 20V Max XR Brushless 1-1/8” L-Shape SDS Plus Rotary Hammer Drill
DeWalt DCH293B Max XR rotary hammer drill has a brushless motor to add durability and for increased runtime. To ensure maximum control in situations for bind-up, an E-clutch is included for protection and also for the rotary hammer to perform well.
One of the best things about DeWalt DCH293B Max XR rotary hammer drill is that it has an AVC technology or the active vibration control. This will help reduce the vibration that you will feel while using it. For extra durability and quality, it is German engineered.
For convenient hanging of DeWalt DCH293B Max XR rotary hammer drill, it has a retractable utility hook. The vibration measurement of this hammer drill is 7.5 m/s.
- Brushless motor
- Included an active vibration control technology
- Can make a perfectly straight hole in just a short period of time
- The case is not included
Q: Does this rotary hammer drill has a regular drill function?
A: Unfortunately, this rotary hammer drill doesn’t have a drill function.
Q: What batteries can I use for the rotary hammer drill?
A: You can use either DeWalt Flexvolt or the DeWalt 20V Max battery.
Difference Between the rotary hammer drills from Bosch Above
When it comes to the difference, it’s quite hard to pinpoint it, especially if they come from the same brand. With the first on the list, the DeWalt DCH273B has a retractable utility hook. This will help you hang your drill after using it. All the listed DeWalt rotary hammer drill above doesn’t come with a case, so purchasing a separate one would be best. But worry not because whether you choose the first one or the last one, all three can work well without worrying about the durability of the rotary hammer drill.
With all of the rotary hammer drills above under DeWalt, you sure now know which drill to purchase for your home maintenance and improvement. This will help you do the job as fast and as accurate as possible. If you haven’t chosen a good rotary hammer drill, then choosing from one of the DeWalt’s rotary hammer drill would be best. They are all from a reputable company which is known to give you the efficiency and the reliability that you need for your carpentry tasks.