Black & Decker is one of the most popular tool brands in the world today. Recognized and preferred by more serious contractors and worksite warriors, it has gained a very strong hold on the power tool market. Their clever and innovative technology made them the dominant name in the Tools and Storage field.
We have compiled ten of the best Black & Decker cordless drills and impact drivers and took an in-depth look at each of them to give you an idea why these are on the top of the list.
Table of Contents:
- Top 5 Best Black & Decker Cordless Drills
- 1. Black & Decker LD120VA 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Drill Driver Kit
- 2. BLACK+DECKER LDX120C 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill/Driver
- 3. BLACK+DECKER BDC120VA100 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Drill Kit
- 4. BLACK+DECKER BDCDHP220SB-2 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Drill/Driver
- 5. Black & Decker BDCDMT120 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Matrix Cordless Drill
- 6. BLACK+DECKER BDCDMT120C 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Matrix Drill/Driver
- 7. Black & Decker GCO1200C 12-Volt Cordless Drill with Over Molds
- 8. Black & Decker BDCDD220C 20V MAX Lithium 2-Speed Drill/Driver
- 9. BLACK+DECKER BDCS80I 8V MAX Impact Screwdriver
- 10. BLACK+DECKER BDCI20B 20V MAX Lithium Impact Driver
Top 5 Best Black & Decker Cordless Drills
1. Black & Decker LD120VA 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Drill Driver Kit
Currently, Black & Decker’s most popular in the pistol-grip category of drills, the LD120VA lets you drill and screw through plastic, wood, or metal with great ease and versatility.
It has power and speed to let you drill and screw through wood, metal or plastic with ease and comfort. You are sure to appreciate the 30 accessories that come with the kit along with the many features this drill is equipped with.
- Delivers a powerful 300 in. lbs. of torque
- With speeds of up to 750 RPM
- Compact and lightweight
- Has a 3/8-inch keyless chuck
- Comes with 30 accessories
Just enough power to let you do lots of jobs like assembling furniture or drilling shelves onto walls, but for anything heavier duty than these, you may have to look for a different model.
- Suitable for light to medium tasks only
- No extra battery included
2. BLACK+DECKER LDX120C 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill/Driver
The LDX120C is an excellent tool for drilling a few holes around the house, making small repairs, fastening screws here and there, or light woodworking tasks. One of Black & Decker’s bestselling drill drivers.
Ergonomically designed to be lightweight and small enough to fit in tight spaces. With its speed and torque, this drill can get you through most materials and jobs.
- Offers 115 in. lbs. of torque
- Gives you a maximum speed of 650 RPM
- Weighs just 3.4 pounds
- Has 11 different positions clutch
- Comes with an LED work light
Although packed with power and speed, this drill is not suitable for heavy use. Professionals may find this tool wanting, but homeowners can install curtain rails, repair small fixtures, drill mini holes with ease.
- Not for heavy duty jobs
- Bits can sometimes slip
A great drill for use around the house, the LDX120C has some features that can rival those that professional drills have. It is reasonably priced that makes this a good value for your money power tool investment.
3. BLACK+DECKER BDC120VA100 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Drill Kit
A drill driver set that lets you mix and match compatible attachments with the 100 accessories that come with it. Highly adaptable to any work you may encounter, this is a truly versatile cordless drill.
- Has a variable speed control
- Comes with 24 position clutch settings
- Provides you with 300 in. lbs. of torque
- Delivers speeds of up to 750 RPM
- 100 pieces of accessories included
While other drills offer a recharge time of under an hour, this drill’s battery takes up to three hours of charging. Since this is a tool fit for jobs around the house, this is just about enough.
- The battery takes too long to recharge
- Comes with only one battery
Despite its limitations, the BDC120VA100 can meet the homeowners’ or DIYers’ needs. With the amazing array of accessories included, you can find that this is more than sufficient for almost everything you want to do around the house with a drill.
4. BLACK+DECKER BDCDHP220SB-2 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Drill/Driver
The BDCDHP220SB is an excellent choice for DIY tasks around the house and outdoor repairs. It can drive through wood, metal, or even masonry quickly and efficiently.
Compact and lightweight, this drill driver has decent speed and power to do most projects around the home. It has many smart features such as the ergonomic design that lets you do the job easily and comfortably.
- Delivers 412 in. lbs. of torque
- Speeds of up to 1,500 RPM
- Has a two-speed gearbox
- Comes with a 23 clutch setting
- Uses a keyless chuck
Battery charging takes up to three hours long, so it is a good idea to have a spare battery that you can readily use while the other one is replenishing its juice.
- The battery drains quickly and recharges slowly
- The LED light has a poor angle
The BDCDHP220SB is the perfect combination of power, size, and speed. It is ideal for a wide range of applications on a variety of materials with different screws sizes. Overall, it is one decent and effective power drill.
5. Black & Decker BDCDMT120 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Matrix Cordless Drill
A cordless drill under Black & Decker’s Matrix interchangeable tool systems, the BDCDMT120 lets you change its head from a drill to a sander to an impact driver and many others.
Its versatile tool systems let you have a cordless drill, impact driver, sander, router, trim saw, and much more all in one power tool. A very good deal because of its affordable price.
- Has the Matrix Quick Connect System
- Lightweight and portable
- Uses a powerful 20V lithium ion battery
- User-friendly design
- Delivers a maximum speed of 800 RPM
This cordless drill is not recommended for use in tougher and heavier duty jobs, but with its versatility, it can get you through almost every job around the house. It has more features that outweigh its very insignificant shortcomings.
- Not for heavy-duty use
- Long battery recharge time
- Does not come with a LED light
The best thing about the BDCDMT120 is it allows you to change the heads depending on the job and the application. It is like owning many different tools for a very low price. You will be getting the best bang for your buck.
6. BLACK+DECKER BDCDMT120C 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Matrix Drill/Driver
Also included in Black & Decker’s Matrix line of tools, the BDCDMT120C can accommodate multiple tools. A dream drill of every DIYer and home improvement fans.
This drill driver lets you easily change the attachments when doing different tasks. You no longer have to carry several tools around, just the six attachments that you can use with this power tool.
- Features the Matrix Quick Connect System
- Delivers a maximum speed of 800 RPM
- Offers ten different clutch settings
- Comes with a 3/8-inch chuck
- Has a powerful 20V max motor
This drill driver is an all-around tool, but only one attachment is included when you buy it. The others are sold separately, but is still a less expensive option than buying the other tools individually.
- Only one drill driver attachment is included
- The charger takes 3.5-4 hours to recharge
The BDCDMT120C is one of Black & Decker’s bestselling pistol grip drills in its class, and we are not even slightly surprised. Its versatility has gained it its title, but it also proves that it can do the job well because of its speed, power, and compact size.
7. Black & Decker GCO1200C 12-Volt Cordless Drill with Over Molds
The GCO1200C is one of the cheapest drills on the market today. Perfect for those on a budget but still want to have a drill to use for simple driving jobs at home.
This cordless drill is designed to provide you with ease of use and comfort. The battery can be removed easily; it has a variable speed reverse option for working on different applications, and many other useful features.
- Features a variable-speed design
- With speeds of up to 750 RPM
- Comes with a 24-position clutch system
- Has a keyless chuck
- Slide pack battery
Not ideal for heavy-duty jobs or professional uses, but can incredibly do smaller jobs remarkably well. Recommended for beginners or the occasional hobbyist.
- For smaller or mid-sized jobs only
- Battery drains quickly
The GCO1200C is a very affordable cordless drill that would be best suited for beginners. Looking for the perfect drill can be a very daunting task for a beginner, but this tool will be the most appropriate for all the newbies’ small to medium jobs at home.
8. Black & Decker BDCDD220C 20V MAX Lithium 2-Speed Drill/Driver
The BDCDD220C is a small and compact drill driver that combines affordability with power, speed, and reliability. It is packed with features that will make it quite a steal with its reasonable price.
Its compact size and light weight are this drill’s best features as it lets you work on the insides of a cabinet and closet, or behind heavy appliances. Less strain and fatigue on your hands, arms, and wrists, too.
- Weighs just 2.64 pounds
- Has a two-speed transmission
- Comes with an 11 position clutch
- With a built-in LED light
- Delivers speeds of up to 1,400 RPM
This drill driver could do with some improvements such as including a belt hook for hanging the tool on a belt or having two-bit holders. These are minimal flaws that can easily be compensated with all the great features this drill has.
- Can hold only one drill bit
- Doesn’t come with a belt attachment hook
The BDCDD220C is highly recommended for your simple everyday repair or home improvement jobs. A convenient tool to have around the home for those small DIY projects, hobbies, gardening, and many other applications.
9. BLACK+DECKER BDCS80I 8V MAX Impact Screwdriver
Small tool, big output. That is what the BDCS80I is, and if the online reviews are to be believed, this is one of the best impact drivers on the market today. It provides superior speed and torque for increased performance on all types of applications.
It boasts of up to 10x more speed and 2x max torque than other models. It lets you do more work with its excellent features such as the LED light, compact, and lightweight design.
- Gives you 125 in. lbs. of torque
- Built-in LED work light
- Comes with a lithium Ion battery, charger, and one 2-inch Phillips bit
- With speeds of up to 2,200 RPM
- Has a 1/4-inch quick release hex chuck
The battery cannot be removed or replaced; you will not be able to swap a new one if it dies out in the middle of a long day of work. However, battery life is exceptionally long, so this would be a minimal issue.
- The battery is not removable
- Can do light to medium jobs only
The BDCS80I is a highly recommended impact driver for the newbie or the DIYer. It can easily do woodworks, furniture assembly, cabinet installations, and many others.
10. BLACK+DECKER BDCI20B 20V MAX Lithium Impact Driver
The BDCI20B is an ideal impact driver for DIY projects but can do most professional jobs as well. It has a powerful motor that lets you do a wide range of applications using different types of materials.
It has the right amount of power and speed that is perfect for home improvement projects and medium duty tasks. Ergonomic design lets you work longer with less strain on your arms and hands.
- Delivers 1,375 in. lbs. of torque
- Has variable speeds that allow up to 3,000 RPM
- Lightweight and compact design
- Runs on 20V lithium ion battery
- Comes with a ¼-inch quick release hex chuck
You may need to have a flashlight in your toolbox because this impact driver is not equipped with LED lights.
- Is not equipped with LED lights
- Does not come with a belt clip
Power tools make our lives easier and buying these can be an investment. Black & Decker guarantees top-class quality and precision, ensuring you of years of durability and service.